Digital Product Designer
Permanent Full Time, up to £75,000
Location: London / Hybrid
Reports to: CPO
Our purpose is to create more Up Days for everyone living and dealing with cancer. At Careology we’re here to help people with cancer and those supporting them to ‘make the down days more manageable – and make the up days come more often’.
Our mission is to ‘transform traditional cancer care by building patient-first technology that is connected, intuitive and easy for everyone to use’.
With our groundbreaking Digital Cancer Care app for patients and Careology Professional, our innovative Remote Patient Monitoring platform, healthcare professionals can access real-time (and historic) patient information that will enable them to identify potential complications during treatment and facilitate early interventions. This will transform the patient experience, unlock a new standard of digital cancer care and has the potential to save lives.
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic creative team player to help us create digital products that will enhance our position as the leading Digital Cancer Care solution. As a full time, permanent part of a highly ambitious team in a young Central London company, you will work collaboratively across Design, Product and Development teams as well as closely with the rest of Careology.
The Digital Product Designer role is transdisciplinary, covering all elements of UX and UI design across both our mobile app and web solutions, to help shape and deliver incredible products that drive successful product adoption.
What will you be getting involved in?
- Work within, and enhance, our current design system and brand guidelines across our Digital Cancer Care App and the Careology Professional remote patient monitoring solution
- Create user-centred designs by understanding business requirements and user feedback
- Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes and mockups
- Work closely with Product and other teams to develop a clear understanding of the product domain and vision and to understand our users and clients
- Communicate with key stakeholders (internal and external) to understand their goals and objectives
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements
- Conduct ongoing user research
- Understand the company strategy and objectives, and the underlying technology
- Design UI elements such as input controls, navigational components and informational components
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Incorporate customer feedback, usage metrics, and usability findings into design in order to enhance user experience
- Be accountable for the delivery and quality of design solutions in line with the product roadmap, vision and brand
- Attend and participate in scrum meetings with the wider R&D team
Who are we looking for?
We are building not only a product to be proud of but a company to be proud of too. Everyone in the team gets a kick out of what we are doing and is excited to be making a real difference in the world, as well as delivering a world-class service. Not only this, but now the rest of the world is beginning to see the true value of what we are building.
We have big plans and are growing fast, but we are small enough for you to gain career defining experience in this most exciting and fast growing industry. We know brilliant people can come from a wide range of places, the key thing for Careology is drive, ambition, personality - and a few of the following:
- You're an experienced UX/UI Designer with at least 4 years of experience
- You have worked on both mobile and web design as you will be working on our key cancer app and clinicians’ Professional website
- You are seriously excited by the opportunity to help build a leading offering in the fast growing health-tech sector
You have experience of the following tools and technologies:
- Adobe Creative Suite (especially Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop)
- Prototyping tools
- Previous experience in healthcare and/or consumer design is a plus. Experience in the technology sector or startups and scaleups is key
- Knowledge of Usability Factors in Human Computer Interaction is a plus
- You're confident presenting your work back to the team
- Experience of working as part of a collaborative multi-disciplinary team
Full Time Permanent Employee Benefits
We offer a comprehensive range of competitive benefits to our employees including:
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- Your birthday off work
- Private Medical Insurance (after probationary period)
- Hybrid working model (Remote working combined with days in our central London office)
- A group stakeholder pension plan
- Participation in our share options scheme (after probationary period)
If you are interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information